Sunday, February 21, 2010

Two road diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both.

Two road diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.


And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

(Robert Frost: The road not taken 1915)

Have u ever faced a situation where you need to choosing between two good options?

I have!

In order to pass, the students need to achieve a final CGPA of 2.0 or higher. Anything lower than that is considered failing and must retake the class the following semester. In the 2nd year of medical school, I did not perform. My CGPA was 1.9. Actually, it was my fault for not taking the remedial class during the semester break. I went back to Malaysia for a month! For a month!!! Without considering any consequences of my actions.

I got D in cardiovascular's module so I retook the module the following semester. About a week after that, the rector made an announcement that we the failure can continue the semester without retaking the module we have failed before. I was not sure what was best for me at that time. I faced a situation where I need to choose between A and B. To stay or not to stay. So, I discussed with my parents, made up my mind and they agreed(even though I knew my mother was hoping that I changed my mind). I know every choice or decision I make leads to direct or indirect result. I just have to wait and see...

The result came out. Alhamdulillah, I got B in the exam. In fact, my new life has just began. I never fail anymore. I push my CGPA up higher. And after all I've been through, I succeeded. My friends said to me, "Tuh lah keyra, gatal balik Malaysia and tak ambik SP(semester pendek) ape pasal. Kan dah lambat! Tapi pointer kau tinggi kot!!!". Hoits kawan-kawan... 2 in 1 eh?Puji dalam keji. But still I'll be graduating one semester late than my friends.

Behind every feat of my success lies hundreds of failure. Behind every feat of my success lies a history of my hard work, emotional conflicts and persistence. And behind every feat of my success lies a great family. My family!

I hope I will do the best in SOCA ( Student oral case analysis) and pass the exam. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment