Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It hurts me.

Ouch with the thumb. It happened this evening when I was about to shower and accidentally cut my thumb with a sharp razor. I was in a big hurry at that time and didn't noticed the razor inside my toiletries basket and so happened I slided my hand across. Hence, the cut! A big cut! When I saw the blood, I was struck with panic and tried to stop the bleeding. Hope it heals well.

I know it's just a thumb. But after what had happened, I realize that it is extremely important. Without my thumb, I cannot write well, cannot push buttons on the handphone, and also cannot grab things well. Everything goes unwell!*sigh*



There are so much to talk about my preparation for SOCA but I have no idea how or where to start with. I think, I shall briefly describe the place where I do my revision. Okayh, I admitted that I could get used to living like this from now on IN MY MESSY BEDROOM...Lots of books here and there, papers, notes ... its everywhere. Even I lost my pen a hundred times a day and sometimes found it under the quilt.

I don't know if you know a movie called Homeless to Harvard, a true story about a lady who went from being homeless on the street to attending Harvard and becoming a successful person. In the process to have a better life, she said to herself that she had to give up the if-this-then-that mentality. She said, "I knew at that moment I had to make a choice. I could submit to everything that was happening and live a life of excuses... or I could push myself. I could push myself and make my life good". I love this movie as it motivates myself in so many things.

Anyway, this semester things are getting more serious as I should pass my soca and be ready for KKD (Kepanitraan Klinik Dasar). So, I myself should be like Liz Murray, the lady in 'Homeless to Harvard" and fully committed myself for soca. Let's go of this if-this-then mentality- If I find a nice place, then I'll study. If I discuss things with my friends, then I'll pass my exam. No more excuses. And I should always keep in mind that 'When there is nothing to believe in, I believe in myself'. GO keyra GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment