Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am rich

Rich is a relative term. Some use it for money, some use it for happiness. However,recently, I bitterly reflect everything I owned and I started to ask this question: Am I rich?

Yes, I am rich! It is not that I got lots of money but it is because I am still blessed to have both of parents around. They are the two of the smartest people I've ever met, and, more importantly, the kindest, most generous and most loving. They work hard to make everything fit together at the end of the day and never expect anything in return. Obviously I've been richly blessed.

Being a medical student is not as easy as blinking your eyes. It is a tough road. I have to admit that we got chemistry with these three things: sleep deprivation, palpitation and stressful situation. I cried a lot. I suffer a lot. And yes, I've been through many obstacles: School, Ex boyfriends, etc. After painful reflection, I started to realize that I manage to survive until now because of my parents. Whenever I get depressed, I remember, I have parents who are there for me no matter what. In fact, they are my strength and I don't know how I'd live without them.

I want to finish school, getting married to someone who loves me, having a steady career, following my dreams and someday giving them grandchildren. I want them to be proud of me. I couldn't ask for anything more. I love them very much and I'll forever remember everything they taught me. I know I can't thank The beneficent One enough for blessing me with the most supportive and wonderful parents but I thank Him for the blessing of being born to these two remarkable people and admit that I am treated by God as the "Rich People". Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment