Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Little Do You Know: The Hidden Struggles Behind Love

One of my favorite songs. Listening to this song makes me thinking that sometimes, love is not enough. When I reflect on my past relationship, I realize how much love I had for someone who, despite his good heart, wasn't the right match for me at that time. Little did he know that behind my smile, I was struggling with internal battles—about our future, our differences, and most importantly, myself. Just like the lyrics in Alex & Sierra’s song, both of us were trying to make things work while quietly enduring our own pain.

One of the biggest lessons I’ve learned from that relationship is that love requires more than just emotion. It demands honesty, communication, and the willingness to grow together. My ex-boyfriend and I, we loved deeply, but we didn’t guide each other towards growth. In my case, I didn’t speak up about my fears, my confusion, or my doubts. I thought love alone could fix everything, but as time went on, I learned that real love isn’t just about holding on. It’s about being brave enough to let go when things aren’t right.

I stayed quiet about my struggles, just like in "Little Do You Know". I pushed him away when I felt overwhelmed and came back when the love pulled me in again. But that constant push and pull exhausted both of us. And while we tried our best, I wasn’t being true to myself. I was selfish in ways I didn’t realize then. I wasn’t ready to face the reality that sometimes, even the deepest love isn’t enough when two people aren’t aligned in their paths.

This is what I want to tell all the girls out there. It’s okay to love, but it’s also okay to admit when love isn’t right. Don’t hide your struggles like I did, thinking things will magically get better. Relationships need honesty, not just with your partner, but with yourself. And when the time comes to make a difficult decision, know that letting go doesn’t mean you didn’t love enough. Sometimes, it means you loved yourself enough to choose what’s best for your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment