Monday, September 23, 2024

Do It with All Your Heart: My Journey of Perseverance

In everything I do, I believe in giving my best. I’m not someone particularly brilliant, but I’m diligent. My success in school, whether it was in UPSR, PMR, or SPM, wasn’t because I was gifted but because I worked hard. However, when I was offered the opportunity to study in Australia after completing a foundation in Shah Alam, things took a different turn. I experienced what you might call "culture shock."

It was during this period that I began to lose my way. I failed my AUSMAT exams and ended up studying in Indonesia. Why? Simply because I didn’t give my full effort. This was one of the darkest periods of my life. I became lazy, rebellious, and indifferent towards my studies. I was going through a tough time with my ex-boyfriend, and there were countless other issues. Oddly enough, despite being the person closest to me while growing up, even more so than my parents, my ex-boyfriend never once asked, “Why are you going through this? What’s wrong? How can I help you lighten this burden you’re carrying?” Never! Not once.

At the time, I couldn’t understand why he didn’t seem to notice or care about my struggles. It felt as though I was facing everything alone. I wanted someone to ask, to understand, but that never happened. I spiraled into a rebellious phase, feeling lost and disconnected from myself and everyone around me. It was a time where I could have used guidance, yet I chose to remain silent.

To all the young people out there, I want to share a piece of advice: don’t choose the path I did. Don’t make hasty decisions. Don’t be afraid to express your feelings or to reach out to those closest to you when you’re struggling. Looking back, I believe if I had been honest with myself and sought help from the important people in my life, my story might have turned out differently.

Now, back to the topic of doing things with determination. Eventually, I did become a doctor. At first, I wanted to specialize, but after getting married, I set that ambition aside to support my husband and raise our children. However, my sense of purpose was reignited when I decided to open my own clinic.

I quietly applied for assistance from MARA, went for an interview, and I was one of the 20 individuals selected to open a branch of U.N.I KLINIK under the Prospek program. I poured my heart and soul into preparing the paperwork for this venture, and in December 2021, DR MMM HEALTH GROUP SDN BHD was established. My clinic officially opened in June 2022.

Throughout this process, I went back and forth to MPSJ, dealt with contractors, and sourced equipment for the clinic. Some things I did on my own, while others were made possible by the helping hands of many incredible people. When the clinic finally opened, I worked from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. every day for over a year without a break.

People often say, “Oh, running a clinic must be nice,” but they don’t see the countless challenges and hurdles I had to overcome. But Allah is merciful, and He planned everything perfectly. Every hardship I faced, there was always a way out. There were always these "magical hands" that came to help me. These people who stepped in during times of difficulty hold a special place in my heart.

As I grow older, I’ve come to firmly believe that perseverance yields results. I believe that success is tied to diligence. I also believe that Allah eases my journey thanks to the prayers of the noble people in my life, especially my parents. Every hardship comes with ease, and I trust that Allah has tested me because He knows I can endure it.

This clinic has become the reason I’ve grown closer to God because I am certain that He is always with me, showering me with His blessings. I believe God is watching over me. So, my advice to you is this: work hard, then trust in God. His help will come when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment