Saturday, September 28, 2024

Who says doctors don't get sick?

Being a doctor does not make us immune to illness. Like everyone else, I am a human and not exempt from life's challenges, including sickness. In just a few days, I will be undergoing major surgery for my health issue. This experience has given me time to reflect on my life, my relationships, and the impact I’ve had on the people around me.

I want to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone in my life who may have felt hurt, disappointed, or angry because of me. Please know that it was never my intention to cause any pain. As I head into surgery, I pray that there are no complications and that everything goes smoothly. InshaAllah, I hope to come out of this even stronger, so I can continue to fulfill my roles as a mother, wife, daughter, sister and doctor with all my heart.

To my Dearest Husband,

As I prepare to undergo surgery, I want you to know how deeply I love and appreciate you. You have been my rock, my partner, and my greatest source of strength. You’ve stood by me through every challenge, and your love has always been a light in my life, especially when I needed it most. If anything should happen, please know that you have filled my life with happiness, and I am forever grateful for the memories we’ve created together. But, InshaAllah, everything will go well, and I will come back to you, stronger than before. I am looking forward to more years together, building our family and growing old by each other's side. Thank you for being the wonderful husband and father that you are. I love you more than words can express.

To My Dearest Mirza, Mifzal, and Marissa,

You are the greatest treasures of my life. My love for each of you is beyond what words can ever describe. I love you all more than I love myself, and I would do anything to ensure your happiness and well-being. As I go into surgery, I want you to know that I will always be with you, no matter what happens. InshaAllah, I will come out of this surgery healthy, so I can continue to watch you grow, achieve your dreams, and one day have families of your own. My hope is to be there to witness every beautiful moment of your lives, and I want you to know how proud I am of each of you. Please always take care of each other, and love each other unconditionally. You are each other’s strongest allies, and nothing in this world is more important than family.

To My Dearest Parents,

There are no words that can fully express how grateful I am for everything you’ve done for me. You raised me with love, patience, and wisdom, and I am who I am today because of you. As I face this surgery, I reflect on all the lessons you’ve taught me and the sacrifices you’ve made. I carry those lessons with me every day. If anything happens, please know that I have lived a full and happy life, thanks to you both. InshaAllah, I will come out of this stronger, so I can continue to make you proud and repay the love you’ve given me. Thank you for being my guiding lights.

To My Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Growing up with you has been one of the greatest joys of my life. You have been my first friends, my protectors, and my lifelong companions. As I go into surgery, I want to remind you how much I love each of you. InshaAllah, I will come out of this healthy and strong, but if anything happens, know that my love for you will never fade. Take care of one another and continue to share the bond that we have built over the years. I am so grateful to have you as my siblings, and I will always cherish the moments we’ve shared. Thank you for your love and support throughout my life.

As I prepare for this surgery, I am filled with hope and faith. Life is full of uncertainties, but I choose to focus on the love and blessings that surround me. This journey has reminded me that even in difficult times, we must remain strong and trust in Allah's plan.

To everyone reading this, please keep me in your prayers. I believe that with strength, faith, and the support of my loved ones, I will overcome this challenge and continue living the life that I cherish so much. No matter what happens, I am grateful for every moment I have been given. And I look forward to waking up to the smiles of my children, the warmth of my husband's embrace, and the continued support of my family and friends. InshaAllah, I will be back, stronger and more determined than ever to face whatever comes next.

With love and gratitude,

Keyra Halim

No comments:

Post a Comment